FAT LOOT IS FREE TO PLAY!
Fat Loot is a multi-player stealth/action game, where up to four players take on the roles of thieves as they compete to finish with the biggest loot among them. Each player in the game controls a thief with character-specific abilities, with the objective of carrying the most loot possible back to their hideout. However, guards on the lookout for trespassers and other sneaky players make the task easier said than done.
The game is built on Unreal Engine 3. The 25-strong Fat Loot team consists of engineers, artists, designers, producers, and sound-artists.
I personally implemented the following key areas in the game:
• CAMERA •
• Third-person action camera: a third-person camera that can be rotated independently of character movement.
• Various camera modes: primary Third-person camera, over-the-shoulder sprint camera, vantage-point (vase) camera, first-person camera, and a "cheat" aerial-view camera; all implemented with smooth transitions when switching.
• GAMEPLAY AND CHARACTER STATES •
• Base Character Class: The base template for the four different champion types.
• Energy Logic: energy gets used to perform actions, and starts regenerating after a duration of not being spent.
• Character Sprinting, including ease-transitioning between speeds, camera changes, and energy usage.
• Character Deceleration/Acceleration.
• Exhaustion, a walking-based state that the character enters into when their energy is below 20%.
• Carrying the treasure, specifically, the particular state and its handicaps, and also adding the corresponding mesh to the character's carrying socket.
• Character Finite State Machine: designing the various possible character states (with the help of other engineers on my team).
• ABILITIES AND POWERUPS •
• Belly Bump, an ability of Lady Qian, that lets her jump to a location ahead, knocking away any other characters in the way.
• Roar, an ability of Tiger, that lets him roar, stunning any character in a cone in front of him.
• Invisibility, a power-up that makes the players invisible to other players and guards- including shader-changes and effects on map.
• Disguise, a power-up that the player can use to look like one of the guards for a short time- including shader-changes and effects on map.
• Buddha Palm, a power-up that lets the player shoot out a giant palm in a straight line ahead, knocking other players out of its way.
I also worked with the engineering team in resolving various other bugs and issues throughout the entire project.